Work with Podium RVA!
Podium RVA may have any number of employment opportunities at any given time. Here is what we are currently offering:
Podium RVA seeks a Programs Director to oversee and expand Podium’s educational programs for youth across Greater Richmond. This position will combine the tasks and skills of hands-on mentoring/teaching as well as coordination/oversight. A successful candidate is one who has a passion for writing and believes that writing and creative expression are vital parts in a youth’s education, positive development, and social growth. Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Oversee development and implementation of out-of-school time and co-curricular writing, communication, and leadership programs;
2) Monitor program outcomes and provide on-going evaluation;
3) Ensure programs follow trauma-informed care standards, promote meaningful learning goals, and follow best practices for quality assurance;
4) Support the preparation of materials such as fact sheets, newsletter articles, program data reports, and in other communications, such as preparing and gathering information for grant applications and fundraising support;
5) Recruit, supervise, and train program volunteers, interns, and staff;
6) Market programs, conduct outreach, and facilitate strategic partnerships with local youth-serving agencies, schools, and communities;
7) Manage collection, selection, and archival of youth writing submissions and projects for Podium publications and showcases.
Required Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, English or other writing/communication backgrounds, social work, public administration, or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Must have at least 2 years of education or youth services experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with underserved youth. Looking for candidates demonstrating experience with program development, evaluation, and ability to collect and analyze data. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong organizational, attention-to-detail, and interpersonal skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, digital communication, and social media applications and demonstrate an ability to work both as a team member and to be a self-starter. Experience in volunteer management and with public speaking, conducting outreach, and/or public education preferred. Experience with grant writing preferred. Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license or the ability to obtain one, plus reliable transportation.
Salary: Competitive. This position is a full-time salaried, exempt position. Due to the nature of programming and events, some evening and weekend hours are required.
Benefits: Generous annual personal and medical leave; monthly healthcare reimbursement.
How to apply: Send resume, cover letter and list of 3 references to Vicki Yeroian, Executive Director, email@example.com, by 07/19/21. Podium RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will be treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, legal source of income, or any other status protected by law. Note: Criminal background check (state, child abuse and neglect registry, sexual offender registry) and TB test are required for employment.