Work with Podium RVA!
Podium RVA may have any number of employment opportunities at any given time. Here is what we are currently offering:
Job Classification: Programming
Location: Richmond, VA
Posting Organization: Podium RVA
Title: Program Lead / Bilingual Program Lead
Part/Full Time: Part Time
Podium RVA Mission: To empower youth, ages 10-19, in the greater Richmond area with the skills to become confident and capable writers and communicators to succeed in school, career, and life. Youth improve their self-confidence, academic and professional communication, and creative expression in weekly workshops, quarterly publications, and annual showcase events.
Position Description: The Program Lead is responsible for hosting weekly after-school programs at local schools and youth development centers across Richmond. This person will prepare necessary resources for workshop facilitation and will oversee leading educational groups for middle and high school youth. Program Leads must be comfortable leading groups ranging from 4 – 25 youth and delegating group management responsibilities to program volunteers and/or interns assisting them. This person is also responsible daily reporting and attendance of all programs facilitated as well as positive parent report calls home.
- Creative/academic writing and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- An ability to work as a team and to lead pairs/small groups of volunteers
- Applicants must have reliable transportation
- Required: 6 months to 1-year previous experience mentoring or working with youth
Expected Hours of Work: 9-month position, Oct – June with options to stay on over the summer. 20 hours a week, 1- 6pm, Mon – Thurs. Due to the nature of programming and events, some evening and weekend hours are required.
- $16/hour -- Program Lead
- $18/hour -- Bilingual Program Lead (Spanish): In addition to some of the above responsibilities, this person will prepare necessary resources for workshop facilitation and will oversee leading educational groups for middle and high school youth with a primary focus on mentorship for English language learners where Spanish is the primary language spoken. Program Leads must be comfortable leading groups ranging from 4 – 25 youth and communicating with youth and parents in Spanish and English.
How to apply: Send resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references to Vicki Yeroian, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 08/27/21. In your email, please specify if you are applying for Program Lead or our Bilingual Program Lead position.
- Podium RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will be treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, legal source of income, or any other status protected by law. Note: Criminal background check (state, child abuse and neglect registry, sexual offender registry) and TB test are required for employment.